By D. Douglas Caulkins, Ann T. Jordan
The 1st complete consultant to anthropological reports of advanced organizations• bargains the 1st finished connection with the anthropological examine of complicated organizations
• information how organizational concept and study in company has followed anthropology’s key idea of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
• Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic ways to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
• Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of establishment organizations and of non-governmental agencies operating within the globalizing economy
• issues lined contain organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive types and crew construction, organizational dysfunctions, international networked enterprises, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
• offers a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sphere of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sphere within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read Online or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar culture books
The kingdom is the oldest regularly released weekly journal within the usa. The periodical, dedicated to politics and tradition, is self-described as "the flagship of the left. " based on July 6, 1865.
"The state aren't the organ of any occasion, sect, or physique. it's going to, to the contrary, make an earnest attempt to deliver to the dialogue of political and social questions a truly severe spirit, and to salary struggle upon the vices of violence, exaggeration and misrepresentation wherein quite a bit of the political writing of the day is marred. "
Medical facts has made it abundantly transparent that the world's inhabitants can not proceed its current expense of eating and despoiling the planet's restricted typical assets. students, activists, politicians, and voters world wide are selling the assumption of sustainability, or platforms and practices of dwelling that permit a neighborhood to keep up itself indefinitely.
What's new approximately how childrens converse via companies resembling fb, Twitter, and Instagram? Do social media impact the standard of teens’ lives? during this eye-opening e-book, formative years tradition and know-how professional danah boyd uncovers a few of the significant myths concerning teens’ use of social media.
El Tajín, an historic Mesoamerican capital in Veracruz, Mexico, has lengthy been in demand for its wonderful pyramids and ballcourts embellished with wide sculptural courses. but the city's singularity because the merely middle within the quarter with this sort of wealth of sculpture and wonderful structure has hindered makes an attempt to put it extra firmly within the context of Mesoamerican historical past.
- The Anthropology of Sex
- Violence, Culture And Censure
- From China to Vietnam: A food journey along the Mekong River
- A Social History of Iranian Cinema, Volume 2: The Industrializing Years
Extra info for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
Eyal Ben-Ari and Elron (2002), for example, have studied multinational peace-keeping forces and described the tension such troops experience between their allegiances to their national military and to the international troops in which they are participating. Anthropologists work in an array of types of nonproﬁt organizations with foci such as health, development, and education. Shaffer (2008) provides a list of nongovernmental organizations that hire anthropologists to include Care and Heifer International.
K. L. (1991). Explaining differences in repatriation experiences: the discovery of coupled and decoupled systems. American Anthropologist, 93 (2), 322–343. K. B. (1991). Cultural adaptation on overseas assignments. Human Organization, 50, 264–282. Britan, G. and Cohen, R. (1980). Hierarchy & Society: Anthropological Perspectives on Bureaucracy. Philadelphia: Institute for the Study of Human Issues. Burleigh, N. (2007). McFate’s mission. More Magazine, September Issue, pp. 120–127. Caulkins, D. (1981).
Martinez Novo examines the decline and stagnation of indigenous social movement organizations in Latin America, accompanied by a decline of identity politics. See Chapter 24, Why Are Indigenous Organizations Declining in Latin America? And lastly, there is a growing body of work on virtual organizations, an area that was, of course, not even dreamed of at the time that Warner, Whyte, and Gardner were conducting those ﬁrst anthropological studies of complex organizations. Wasson (see Chapter 17, Virtual Organizations) provides a review of studies of this new and growing subject matter of virtual organizations.